Things to avoid after getting laser hair removal treatments.
Once you’ve completed your laser hair removal treatments you need to avoid a few things to achieve the best results possible.
What you should avoid after laser hair treatments.
- Do not partake in heat treatments like saunas, spas, steam rooms, vapor caves, and natural hot springs.
- Do not scrub skin excessively where you have received treatments.
- Try to avoid shaving the treatment area for up to 48 – 72 hours if possible.
- Try not to take hot showers and baths for up to 48 hours.
- Do not expose your skin to UV lights. This means both sunlight and tanning beds for at least 2 weeks after your last treatment. This is to minimize darkening of the skin.
- Do not expose the treated area to UV light without sun screen of SPF 30 or greater.
- Do not swim in chlorinated pools or hot tubes for 48 hours.
- Avoid makeup on the treated area for at least 48 hours. This is another reason why certain semi-permanent makeup is great!
- Do not use perfumed products or bleaching creams for 48 hours.
- Do not scratch or itch the treated area if it’s blistering as it can cause serious scarring.
- Do not wax, tweeze, or thread for the complete duration of the treatment course.
To make sure that you benefit the most from your laser hair removal treatments, you need to make sure to follow the list of DON’TS you’ve read above. Not following these steps above after laser treatments can have negative effects on the treated area.
Book your laser hair removal treatment online.
To find out more about laser hair removal at Flawless Glo MedSpa in Grand Junction, Colorado, make an appointment today for an evaluation with our laser hair specialist.