Before & After
(PMU) Permanent Makeup Care
For those who are considering having permanent makeup done and what to expect during the healing process, It is very important you understand the entire process! Please take the time to read all about permanent makeup care before making your final decision. Permanent makeup is an art, not a science; results vary depending on skin type, and skin undertones. To achieve extremely good results, you must follow a meticulous aftercare regimen.
Before any permanent makeup procedure.
- No use of alcohol, salt/sodium, aspirin, aspirin-containing medications, ibuprofen, fish oil or other blood-thinning medications for 3-7 days prior to your procedure. Doctor prescribed medication should never be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
- No use of judgment-altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure.
- No sunburn.
- No working out before your procedure. (day before and same day)
- No facials or waxing, starting 7 days prior to your procedure.
- No chemical peels, laser treatments in the past 60 days.
- No retinol/botox/fillers in the past 4 weeks and for 4 weeks after the procedure.
After any permanent makeup procedure.
Meticulous aftercare regimen means respecting and keeping up with each instruction and/or routine given after the treatment. Permanent Makeup DOES fade over time! The duration depends on multiple factors:
- Your immune system
- Sun Exposure
- Medications (ex. thyroid, anxiety medications)
- Gym activity, any excess sweating